On the second day of Christmas, my About guide gave to me: gift ideas that are nearly free...
After all my good intentions about finishing the Christmas shopping early, the bulk of my holiday shopping still remains. (Thank you, Hanukkah, for coming early and forcing me to make *some* retail purchases.) In my family, the pressure to pick just the right gift seems to encourage procrastination. I know my brother will be hitting the mall on Dec. 24!
Fortunately, there is still time to order some cheap gifts that will arrive before Christmas, without looking too cheap. My little kids will enjoy the DVDs and CDs I plan to purchase online just the same whether they are used or brand new. My father is happy with a spy novel and a box of fudge, even though we give him the same combination every year.
Photo credit: Sandy Jones/Getty Images
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Two
- Second Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- 12 Days of Christmas Sanity for Single Parents: Day 2
- The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables: Warning Labels
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations
- 12 Days of Christmas Coloring, Day 2
- 12 Days of Christmas Baby Gifts: Turtle Lamps