On the fifth day of Christmas, my About guide gave to me: five holiday parties and a babysitter who drives at night...
This weekend we have not one, but three parties on Saturday night. Two grownup parties and one child's birthday, but not a babysitter to be found. I guess that even babysitters get busy during the holiday season.
For the holiday parties you're going to, here's a collection of potluck recipes that you can whip up without breaking a sweat. Don't forget to plan Christmas games to keep the kids occupied. And when you're headed to the office holiday party, mind your manners -- you don't want your party behavior to come back to haunt you when everyone's sober on Monday morning!
How's your holiday party season coming?
Photo credit: Flying Colours/Getty Images
More 12 Days of Christmas from About.com Family and Parenting:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 5 Teething Rings
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Five
- Fifth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- 12 Days of Christmas Sanity for Single Parents: Day 5
- The 12 Days of Christmas Printables: IEP Meeting Alert Levels
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations