Children and adults alike love baked quesadilla, either plain or with chicken, steak, spinach or another ingredient. This baked quesadilla recipe is easy to prepare quickly and can adapt to whatever leftovers you have on hand.
You can also customize each quesadilla for your family's preference. I often make one salsa-free cheese quesadilla for my children and a chicken quesadilla with hot sauce for the adults. This baked quesadilla recipe serves four.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheese, Mexican mixture
- 1 cup salsa
- Sour cream
- (Optional) Cooked chicken (strips or cubes), steak or other meat
- (Optional) Guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil that is big enough to cover a cookie sheet front and back. Center it on a cookie sheet.
- Place two tortillas side by side on the foil. Sprinkle cheese evenly on both tortillas.
- (Optional) Place strips of chicken, steak or other ingredient on top of the cheese.
- Spoon about half the salsa over the top, making a very light layer.
- Cover each stack with another tortilla.
- Bring the sides of the foil together around the quesadillas, sealing the foil at the center of the cookie sheet. Crimp the edges of the foil to seal along the side of the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Open foil carefully. Slice each quesadilla in quarters and serve with sour cream, remainder of salsa and guacamole (if desired).