Home and Family Management for Working Moms
By Katherine Lewis, About.com Guide
Every working parent needs loving and reliable child care in order to succeed at the office while raising children. The ideal choice for you depends on your income, work schedule, child's age and child raising philosophy. Here's the lowdown on child care.
- Pros and Cons of the Top 5 Child Care Choices
- Resolve Discipline Differences With Your Caregiver
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid With Grandparent Babysitters
- How to Ease Child Separation Anxiety
- Does Your Child Love the Babysitter More Than You?
Working moms face unique parenting challenges and opportunities. Here are resources for coaching your child through difficult moments and parenting ideas that accommodate your schedule and career demands.
- Finding Time for Kids to Volunteer
- Picture Books Featuring Working Moms
- 5-Minute Bonding for Working Mamas
- Making Your Blended Family Fun
- Facts About Stepfathers, Stepmothers and Stepchildren
- 10 Books for Blended Families
It's not all about the kids. Whether you're married, partnered or single, adult relationships give you support and fulfillment beyond your role as mother. You'll thank yourself for finding the time for adult interactions. Don't forget to nourish the most important relationship -- with yourself.
- How to Have a Happy Marriage
- A Happy Marriage Comes From Within
- Self-Care Tips for Working Moms
- When Mom Is the Breadwinner
Own Your Working Momhood
The vast majority of mothers with minor children at home work for pay. So there's no reason to feel ashamed or conflicted about working while raising your children. Repeat after me: "I'm a working mom and I'm proud!"
- The 10 Comandments for Working Mothers
- Dr. Laura's Mistakes About Working Moms
- 5 Things Never to Say to a Working Mom
Managing a home can easily become a full-time job -- and you've already got one of those! Lighten your load with these easy, healthy meals and strategies to maximize your limited cleaning time. From organizational tips to quick dinner ideas, you'll find plenty of inspiration here.
- Organizing From Morning to Night
- Cute and Safe Kids' Lunch Boxes
- Using Pyrex for Lunch Containers
- Review of Let's Dish Meal Assembly
- Review of Dream Dinners
- Do SteamFresh Singles Work?
- Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes
- Make Dinner With What's in Your Pantry
Now that you have kids, it's time to get responsible with your finances. Saving money doesn't have to mean deprivation. You can be financially responsible and still find ways to have fun.
- 10 Ways to Save Money on Child Care
- 5 Painless Money Saving Tips
- How to Pay the Nanny Tax
- Is Your 529 College Plan a Mistake?
- Great Big List of Thrifty Thursday Tips
Holidays and Birthdays
With kids, you'll never lose track of the holidays. Even the youngest baby in daycare seems to come home with a Mother's Day card. You too can make the holidays fun, cheap and easy. And if you run out of time to research your own gift list, check out the top picks for working moms.
- 5 Secrets for Easy Birthday Parties
- Best Buys in Pocket Camcorders
- Professional-Looking Diaper Bags for Working Moms
- Facts and Traditions for Every Holiday