The Bottom Line
If you're not prone to buying products advertised on late-night infomercials, make an exception for the Shark Steam Pocket Mop.
The Shark Steam Pocket Mop is a portable mop that is designed to help you get your floors cleaner in less time.
- Steam is created within 30 seconds of plugging the unit in.
- The swivel design of the handle allows you to reach small or tight spaces.
- Comes with washable, micro-fiber pads in different shapes and sizes.
- Safe on hardwoods, tile, laminate and marble.
The following accessories are included:
- 1 All-Purpose Rectangle Pad
- 1 All-Purpose XL Rectangle Pad
- 1 All-Purpose Triangle Pad
- 1 Steam Duster Pad
- Rectangle Mop Head
- XL Rectangle Mop Head
- Triangle Mop Head
- Carpet Glider
- Filling Flask
- Select appropriate shape mop head and attach;
- Attach appropriate all-purpose, micro-fiber pocket pad;
- Use filling flask to fill water compartment;
- Plug in;
- Pump handle until steam appears (approximately 30 seconds);
- Mop floor.
Suggested List Price: $159.80
- Available at local retailers such as Target and Walmart
- Available online at www.sharkclean.com
- Easy out-of-the-box assembly
- Easy how-to-use instructions
- Long 30-foot cord
- Comes with two different cleaning heads - a rectangle and a triangle
- Triangle mop head is designed for hard-to-reach areas behind toilets or in kitchen corners
- Dual-swivel cleaning head allows you to easily flip the cleaning head over to use both sides
- Effective on hardwoods, tile, marble and laminate
- Cleaning cloths did not get completely clean with normal washing
- At $159.80, this purchase is not an impulse buy, which may keep some from trying it
- One-year warranty terms are ambiguous and subject to interpretation
Contributing Writer Review - Shark Steam Pocket Mop
I love a clean and organized home, but I don't love everything involved with getting it and keeping it that way - especially when it comes to mopping the floors.
I love the look of hardwood and tile floors, and they seemed like a great idea when we recently remodeled our home. I forgot, however, to factor in my two kids, all of their friends and my two dogs. Throw in a messy husband and it was almost impossible to keep my floors clean.
Traditional mops just didn't do the trick. They were cumbersome, and I never could understand how rinsing my mop in dirty water helped to get my floors clean. Not to mention that mopping was a time-consuming process.
One night, I had difficulty sleeping and found myself flipping channels at 2 a.m. After flipping to the third channel with the same Shark Steam Pocket Mop infomercial, I took it as a sign and decided to watch. I was intrigued by the claims that I would be able to clean my floors quickly and easily. I didn't want 4 easy payments of $39.95 and instead went to my local Target the next day and purchased the mop.
I came home and steam-mopped every floor in my house. The mop exceeded my expectations. It's lightweight, portable and easy to use. I can decide to mop my kitchen floor, and 10 minutes later I'm done. And there's no nasty water bucket and mop to take worry about.
The only thing easier would be if it cleaned my floors on its own.