How to Create a Flexible Work Schedule
Flexible Work Options
The first step in creating the right work schedule for you is to understand the range of flexible work options out there. Once you've learned about other people's experiences with different flexible work options, you'll be in a better position to pick the best one for you.
- Find a Part-Time Job That Pays Well
- 6 Steps to Negotiating Flexible Hours
- Could You Work from Home?
- Careers for Work-at-Home Moms
Parenting on the Job
When you're a working mom, you're a full-time mother no matter where your children are. That inevitably means parenting from the office. With some planning and flexibility, you can combine mothering and work successfully.
- Succeed at Breastfeeding and Working
- When to Skip Your Child's School Event
- How to Juggle Work and a Sick Child
Taking a Career Break
Every working mom that I know has considered quitting her job, whether for good or just as a career break. Before taking any drastic steps, make sure you've thought through a return strategy. When your children are older, you may actually miss the workplace.
- Should I Quit My Job?
- Sara Lee CEO Dishes on Her Career Break
- Maria Shriver's Career Break Inspired a Book
Flexible Work Resources and Templates
You don't need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to flexible work. Check out these sample flexible work proposals and see if you can modify one to fit your needs. Please feel free to contribute a proposal you've used successfully -- it may help another working mom!